Welcome (old forums)

Home Forums Announcements Welcome (old forums)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  archives 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

archives

archives

Welcome to the Hanifin.net Discussion Forum!

Please ask you questions here, you are more likely to get your questions answered if you post them here than if you send them directly to me. 🙂

This is also a great place to share your family stories and history! I hope you find this forum helpful!

~~~
    Brian Joseph Hanifin, son of David Joseph and Kristy Ann Hanifin.

archives

Hi Brian,
    So good to see a site for the Hanifin name
    My family came to Kings County NS. Canada about 1850, where Michael met and married Mary Ann O’Connor. With him was another brother, William. Also John Patrick who could have been an older brother. John Patrick’s son Eugene stated, when he arrived in Kings County NS, he was from Tralee.This was about 1862. My grandfather, John Henry Hanifan oldest son of Michael and Mary Ann O’Connor migrated to MA USA, about 1888. I have found baptismal records on all of granddad’s brothers and sisters, their parents marriage record, but no mention where they came from in Ireland.
    Thanks for allowing me post my message.
    It seems to me that there has been a lot of Hanifin traffic on the Kerry site lately, for which I am thankful.
    Happy and blessed Easter to you.
    Mary Pat Oceanside CA

archives

Hi Brian

it is great to find a web site dedicated to the hannifin
    and all other variations of the name, thank you for taking the time to set this up, I will be a regular visitor now that I have found it, as I am just starting to research my family tree.

Hope to speak to you again

regards
    Brian

archives

Hello,

I am searching for information on the John William Hanafin(Hanifin) family.Associated with the C&O railroad. John’s mother was Mary a very warm person as I am told by my mother.John lived in Richmond,Va. for a while and may have moved to Fla.Does anyone know how to get in touch with Michael Hanifin? He has posting s here and would be a definite link. Thanks much, Joan

archives

Has anyone have any imformation on Hanifin’s in Ont. Canada.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Welcome (old forums)’ is closed to new replies.