Keeping this forum free of unwelcome content.

Home Forums Announcements Keeping this forum free of unwelcome content.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  archives 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

archives

archives

Occasionally, those of you who subscribe to it may receive a change detection notification for the message forum or guest book. However, when you arrive at the site there will not be any new messages.

The reason for this is some unscrupulous people use public message boards — such as this one — to post ads for get rich quick schemes and unpleasant sites.

Whenever I receive a Change Detection notice for the message forum, and or the guest book I have now gotten in the habit of checking it immediately, and removing any unwelcome content. I apologize if you have ever come across such content on this site. However, I want you to know that it is not welcome here, and will be removed as soon as I find it!

Sincerely,
    Brian Joseph Hanifin

archives

I give up… the spammers have gotten so bad I have been forced to impliment an approval step to every submitted message. From the point forward, we will no longer see junk messages on this board.

The downside to this is your messages will not be available for viewing until I get a chance to review and the approve the message. In most cases this will occur on the same day. However, I do not often check my Email on weekends… so it may take a couple of days.

I hate to do this… but this is the best solution I can come up with right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Keeping this forum free of unwelcome content.’ is closed to new replies.