Site Updates and Future Plans

Home Forums Announcements Site Updates and Future Plans

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  archives 15 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

archives

archives

First off, I would like to thank everyone who has participated in this site! After a long hiatus, I have found time today to respond to my Email and preform some long overdue updates to the site. I apologize for my delayed response.

Brian McDonnell submitted many corrections and updates to the Brosnan family tree based on his research. In addition to these changes, I also decided that we now have enough information to add the Ashe family tree to the site.

Towards the end of last year, I was given the information on the Breyer family tree. At the time, I decided a site redesign was in order, so I was decided not to add the Breyer information to the site until the new design was launched. Well… here it is almost a year later, and the new site design is still a long way from being ready. My next project will be to add the Breyer family tree to the current site, as I did with the Ashe family tree.

I plan on complete rewriting the site funcionality in ASP.NET. Basically, ASP.NET is Microsoft’s brand new, and very powerful new programming framework. I have decided to delay the launch of the new site until I am ready to program in ASP.NET.

I don’t want to make too many promises, but whenever I get around to it, the site will have many new features, including a much improved Message Forum and probably a notification service which you may customize the site to notify you whenever changes are made to the sections you wish to monitor. Most importantly, I want to make the Family Tree information to be stored in some sort of a database, so updates to the family trees, do not require a duplication of my efforts. Ideally, the site would be able to import genealogical information from the infamous GED format. I have some really big dreams for the site… we will just have to wait and see if I ever get around to building it. 🙂

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the aforementioned site updates.

Brian

archives

Hi Brian,
    I have lots of information and pictures of the Ashe family that I would be glad to share if you are interested. I noted that we live in your area.
    My grandmother was Etta Anna Ashe. Her brother was Father Gregory Ashe. Her parents were John Ashe and Catherine Prendeville.
    Thanks for all the work you are doing for the families. I am enjoying your website.
    Regards,
    Carlene Galvan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Site Updates and Future Plans’ is closed to new replies.