Protecting your Email address

Home Forums Announcements Protecting your Email address

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  archives 15 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

archives

archives

Dear friends and family,

In recent months, there have been a lot of news stories about the increase in the amout of junk Email (aka SPAM) circulating around the Internet. I too have been a victim of this. I have also became aware that there are some unscrupulous companies which dispatch software for the sole purpose of stealing Email addresses from web sites throughout the Internet. They do this so that they may send you unsolicited junk Email.

Before today, there were many sections of the Hanifin Family web site which display visitors Email addresses. These include the Message Forum, Guestbook, and Biographies. I realized by displaying our Email addresses on these pages, our site was a good target for these companies.

This is why I have modified these sections of the site to hide all Email addresses. Email address links have been replaced with links, such as “Reply via Email”, which take you to the contact form. By hiding all Email addresses, you are protected from being added to further SPAM lists. Although, doing so does not affect your ability to send Email to anyone who chooses to provide their Email address on this site.

If you have any questions about this, please use the form below to “Post a Reply” so that we may have an open discussion about this issue.

Thank you participating in our little research project. 🙂
    Brian Hanifin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Protecting your Email address’ is closed to new replies.