I am Engaged!

Home Forums Chat about almost anything I am Engaged!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  archives 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

archives

archives

A few months back Nerene and I bought her Grandma (who is a big Padres fan) a brick with her name on it. (The brick was placed permanently in the ground under some palm trees next to the new downtown ballpark.) Nerene also got me a brick, which she gave me for my last birthday.

On Wednesday, we took her grandma to a Padres game. We told her we were going to show her my brick. I cannot explain how thrilled she was! That was neat to see.

To top the day off, the Padres hit a home run to win the game! 🙂 Oh yeah, and then I proposed.

While the rest of her family was busy chatting about how exciting the ending to that game was… I leaned over, told Nerene I love her, kissed her, and asked if she would spend the rest of her life with me! She smiled… then paused… and said “Are you serious?” Then I showed her the ring of my mom’s I had picked out for her. She got all emotional, she didn’t say anything for a while. She was crying.

The best part is her whole family is completely oblivious to the whole thing! They had no idea until she finally composed herself, sat up and showed them the ring.

She never actually answered the question… but I will put it this way: she bought a bridal magazine yesterday. 😉

archives

CONGRATULATIONS!

Great proposal story. Brought a tear to my eyes as well. All the very best for the future. Is everyone invited to the Wedding – just kidding!

Dolores

archives

Hi Brian,
    We just wanted to congratulate you both, we are so happy for you! Also we want to welcome Nerene to the Hanifin family. Can’t wait to meet her =).

Our love to you both,
    Uncle Tom, Auntie Sherry and Jessica

archives

Nerene and Brian,

We are sooooooooooooooooo happy for you both! I was showing Mom (Grandma to you) how to play on the internet and we put her name in for fun! Look what we found AND was she ever surprised!

Love you both,

Cindy and Grandma too!

archives

Hi, Nerene and Brian.

I can’t tell you how thrilled we are for you! Brian, your mom sent me the site address and the news that you are getting married.

Loved reading your engagement story. Our family loves the Padres, too. I wanted to get Ben’s son, Ryan, a brick but by the time I found out about the option and visited the park website, they must have sold out. I couldn’t find a an option to buy one.

Michele, Doug, Cristy, Sydney and I were just in San Diego for a quick visit. My best friend’s (since we were in the 5th grade) granddaughter got married and Shari’s girls, Nikki and Tori, were flower girls. They were just so cute!

I just got an email from Sherry Hanifin today. She is so good at family history. She has a lot of information on your mom’s side of the family. I’m also in regular email correspondence with your great-uncle Jack, who is equally interested.

Well, keep me on your email list. I would love to hear from you.

You are a beautiful couple and have our very best wishes.

Love,
    Sue
    (and Jim)

archives

Brian and Nerene, I have read this a number of times and just think it is beautiful, so special, still brings tears to my eyes. Love you both Grandma

archives

Enjoyed looking at your family web site. Especially loved the article “I am Engaged” because you are engaged to our Nerene. We’ve printed out your reunion photograph on our new printer. Looks like Nerene is joining a big wonderful family. Here’s to family!!!
    Love,
    MOB & FOB

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.