Hanafin in Kilduff, Ballymacelligot, Kerry

Home Forums Genealogy Hanafin in Kilduff, Ballymacelligot, Kerry

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tavani 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ian Batty59

My grandmother was Catherine Mary (Kitty) Hanafin (born 5/04/1907), her father Denis Hanafin (born 1881- 1882) married Margaret Twomey in 1902-1903.

At the time of the 1911 Census Denis and Margaret lived at 8 Spa Road, Tralee with their children Jeremiah (born 1905),Denis (born 1910)and Catherine. Before her marriage to Denis I understand that Margaret spent some time in America before returning to Ireland. Following Margarets death Denis later married Susan(?)Devane and went on to have a family of at least two girls (Annie and a sister who went to Australia) and a boy Thomas who was a Railwayman like his father.

At the time of her marriage to John Mason (25/2/1930) Catherine’s residence is given as Kilduff, Ballymacelligot, the occupation of her father Denis is given as Railwayman.

Jeremiah (Jerry) married Margaret Barry and had a family of three boys (Eddie, Dermott and Denis) and three girls (Helen, Kathlene and Margaret),their family home was at Tursillagh.

If any of this sounds familiar then I would much appreciate your help with this branch of the Hanafin family tree. Any info on the related Twomey side would also be of interest.

joseph maher
    Participant

Hope your still with us.
    My name Joe Maher 1951 from Tralee, My Mother was Mary Ann Hanafin 1917 from O’Brennan,Ballymacelligott,
    Her Father was Patrick 1874 from Caher down the road as they say .His farher Jeremiah 1939 from around same area.I have a grand uncle Denis 1878, Jeremiah 1883,and more.
    My father William Maher worked in the railway and I knew a Devane who worked there .
    I may have a pic of him also.Hope to hear from you .

joe

joseph maher
    Participant

joseph maher
    Participant

THAT Denis hanafin of yours was my grand uncle Im sure..My Mothers uncle..

joemaher1@eircom.net

tavani

i dont remember the faces of my grand parents as they died when i was a kid.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.